Thursday, March 15, 2007

Boston..


Just a note about my Boston trip..
Seems I've been there alot over the last 4 months.
I really feel some deep connection to Cape Cod, reminds me so much of Wisconsin..
How I miss Wisconsin, the water, my friends, Friday nite fish frys..

The people I have met in Boston are so sweet, lots super fun artists!!
The history of time past, so many antique book stores, the Portugese food (which I didn't know I liked until recently) and the peace that comes over me when I walk the water..


I scored big with my heart rock collecting there..
Found 16 heart shaped rocks this was my favorite!!!


Also, found this boulder of a heart rock that of course my friends didn't even realize..
The representation of me finding these rocks is that love is everywhere..
You just need to look for it, sometimes it's right under your nose and other times you have to look a little harder:)


I've got 2 more trips scheduled that way for the year,then I'll have to come up with new classes so I can go back next year:)
This pic is of some of my students at "The Stamp Act Store"
Fabulous artists that taught me a thing or two:)


Not to mention the East Coast has some great animal shelters that I have been talking with in hopes of networking so that more of my animals can find forever homes..

5 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Blogger Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Bernie - oh how funny! I have a heart shaped-rock collection also! I've been collecting them for about 2 or 3 years now... It's funny when I find one it's usually just from glancing down and there it is! I thought I was the only one! :) Marva

 
At 6:00 AM, Blogger Jill Beninato said...

Hi Bernie!
Thanks for your kind words about my sweet dog Clancy passing away...It really makes a difference knowing that other people understand your loss...BTW, I volunteer at the Va. Beach SPCA here in VA...maybe you should try contacting our director Sharon Adams to see if we could take any of your animals? We are pretty full a lot of the time since we are the only open door shelter in the whole area, but who knows???
Jill

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Poppy said...

Love your post. I miss Wisconsin too. I can also tell you that blogging has been the best connector with the art world. It really has been an inspiring tool.

Jill in Florida

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Iowa Sunshine said...

I love your big heart shaped rock. I found one once. I never see them now. I love what you do. I used to work in a shelter but had to quit because of things going on. I loved that job so much! Your wonderful to be helping the animals. HUGS

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Melbourne home builders said...

Wonderful photos! Looks like you had fun in Boston. Have a nice weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home